Give it some lolly

Frankly, I think ice cream is appropriate whatever the weather. Admit it: ice cream always makes you happy! While watching my waistline, I haven't really had the opportunity to eat any ice cream, seeing as it's frozen cream with some added sugar, not exactly diet friendly.

But... what if you could get all the yummy sweetness and creamy consistency without all the added calories? Sound good? Oh, did I mention it was really easy, cheap and one of your five a day? You're welcome!


Chocolate banana lollies
(makes 4)

4 x ripe bananas
1 tsp LittlePod chocolate extract
2tsp dark chocolate cocoa (like Bournville - make sure it has no added sugar!)
1tsp agave syrup

Now just blend it all together! I used a handheld blender, but you could put it in a food processor, or even use a potato masher. Then pour mixture into lolly moulds (these are easy to find and very cheap, I got mine from Sainsbury's for a whole £1!) and freeze overnight. Pour hot water over moulds to loosen the lolly when you're ready to tuck in, and enjoy.





No comments:

Post a Comment